Hours:This is a full-time exempt position.
- The Canon for Administration
- To oversee (and be accountable to the Dean and Vestry for) the overall day-to-day operations of the Trinity kitchen to support the food service operations of Trinity Cathedral and the Trinity Learning Center while also supporting the kitchen ministry of the Cathedral.
- The Kitchen Coordinator is responsible for duties associated with the administration and coordination of the food service operation of Trinity Cathedral and Trinity Learning Center (TLC).
- This position must be able to manage staff and volunteers for all kitchen work for events to include: ordering, set-up planning, menu planning, cooking and cleanup.
- Communicate daily with the Trinity administrative office regarding events/schedules and interface as needed with people requesting meal services.
- Develop and communicate to all key users of the Trinity kitchen safety procedures, cleanup procedures, food preparation and storage procedures and other knowledge required to operate the Trinity kitchen in a safe, efficient and effective environment and in compliance with DHEC requirements.
- Plan and purchase/order all food to be prepared by kitchen staff and volunteers for Trinity Cathedral. At this time the TLC plans/purchases most of its own food.
- Coordinate and work with the TLC in food preparation for the children.
- Coordinate and prepare meals and other food needs requested by parish ministries (e.g. Men of Trinity, Daughters of the Holy Cross, Choir).
- Provide oversight of the cooking and cleanup operations for events utilizing the kitchen.
- Organize and maintain proper storage for food, kitchen utensils and supplies.
- Establish clear instructions and supervision of any kitchen staff and volunteers.
- Maintain supplies for parish functions.
- Ensure the kitchen is staffed for all use/special events.
- Ensure regular maintenance and kitchen operation procedures are followed.
- Submit all invoices to the Canon for Administration’s office in a timely manner.
- Track weekly inventory.
- Review monthly financial statements for kitchen.
- Maintain a nurturing environment for the table ministry.
- Order janitorial and nursery supplies and other kitchen-related supplies as needed (e.g. for Sunday morning breakfast, Sunday School snacks, coffee for meetings).
- Coordinate and prepare meals and receptions for Diocesan events, as requested.
- Coordinate Holy Deliveries, delivery of meals to home-bound parishioners and others when meal leftovers permit.
- Promote "green" practices in keeping with the Millennium Development Goals.
- Recycle all cans, cardboard, glass, etc. in a neat and timely manner.
- Be available / on call for unexpected events.
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work graciously and well under pressure and with a wide variety of personalities.
- Ability to cook creatively while preparing nutritional meals for large numbers of people.
- Ability to facilitate multiple simultaneous requests.
- Ability to lift, pull or push moderately heavy objects up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to spend time standing, stooping or bending in the course of standard work.